Saturday, September 22, 2012

ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, VIOLET, WHERE DO THEY ALL COME FROM?

ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, VIOLET,
WHERE DO THEY ALL COME FROM?



The Honorable Bill Owens                                                                   September 20, 2012
United States House of Representatives
State of New York                                                                   
431 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-3223


Dear Representative Owens;

Recently I have sent you a copy of my request for a fair hearing from the State of New York Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance and am awaiting their response. In the meantime it is being suggested to me from many individual callers, including Ms. Jean Hantz of One Stop Career Center of Canton, NY (see letter from NYS DSS Commissioner Chris Rediehs dated 8-11-12 sent to your office) who stated to me that the abilities of One Stop Career Center to assist me in obtaining a job were “beyond her/their capabilities” and that “legal recourse” appeared to be the only option left for me in this situation.

With the above in mind taking into consideration that my sole means of subsistence from now on appears to be food stamps unless a reversal is made in a fair hearing, I will not have funds to pay my rent in October or my car payments as well as other bills.

Congressman, can you please suggest to me the name of a lawyer who would agree to begin a class action suit against the State of New York “pro bono”? I have contacted a law firm on my own in New York City, and they told me they were not interested due to the existing pro bono work in which they are already now committed. For assistance in this matter as my top intermediary with issues dealing with the state from the level of the federal government, your office has been the only avenue that I have had to successfully engender a response from third parties.

Sincerely,
  
Jennifer Ann Kealey
PO Box 1152
Ogdensburg, New York 13669